Our centre is open 50 weeks per year. Our hours of operation are 7.00am – 6.00pm, Monday to Friday. We are closed on public holidays and the two week period between Christmas and New Year.
Through the implementation of the Early Years Learning Framework we further children’s interests and understandings as individuals and in groups.
The Curriculum is a mixture of both planned and spontaneous activities, with the individual children’s interests and developmental levels taken into account, to ensure interests are converted into “teachable moments”.
At Scribblz, we have experienced and qualified educators, who are dedicated to caring for young children, and to providing educational programs that are suitable for their overall development.
The educators create daily educational programs that cover all areas of development including:
- Concentration and problem solving- thinking skills
- Art and expression- creative skills
- Language, communication and literacy skills
- Social skills
- Construction and manipulative skills
- Science and mathematics skills
- Gross motor skills
- Fine motor skills
- Music, singing and movement- expressive skills
- Individual and group work
These programs cater for indoor and outdoor environments, as well as small group work. Our educators develop these programs by taking into account your child’s individual development, family input, children’s interests, questions and conversations. Educators evaluate these experiences daily, and therefore determine their success, making adjustments to ensure they are more beneficial for your child.
All educators are trained in interpreting and extending children’s development, and do so for every child. Educators observe each child’s development regularly, and develop long and short term objectives for each child which they aim to achieve or improve on through planned activities and experiences. Families have the opportunity to review their child’s development through the use of online educational portfolios, which can also be discussed in further detail through family meetings. Families are also encouraged to create a strong link between the home and the care environment by completing family input sheets and sharing information from home with educators throughout the year.
Educators document children’s work and interests and then research experiences to further stimulate the children’s thinking and learning.
At Scribblz, each playroom has learning centers where children can explore and create, through a variety of activities that are accessible to them. These may include:
- Exploration centre where they can create and explore through hands-on discovery
- Sensory centre particularly valuable in the younger rooms, where children can create and explore through messy play and use their senses.
- Construction centre is available for children to build, create and problem solve with a variety of equipment.
- Writing/literacy centre where the focus is on providing opportunities for children to draw and extend their use of small muscle control and learning to draw, write and eventually write their own name. This area provides activities such as drawing, tracing, writing, name writing, copying letters, alphabet recognition.
- Book /reading centre is provided for children to RELAX and take part in quiet activities such as books and felt board stories.
- Thinking centre provides opportunities for children to expand their concentration and problem solving skills. Experiences include puzzles, sequencing, matching games and cause and effect equipment.
- Dramatic centre is provided to allow children the opportunity to make believe, role play and interact with their peers whilst developing their social skills and social confidence through their interaction with others and self-expression.
- Creative centre is provided to allow children to create and express themselves through art/craft activities, such as painting, pasting, threading, cutting and play dough.
- Technology is also incorporated through the use of laptops, iPads and an interactive smart board, allowing children to write, draw, and explore activities through educational programs. These are incorporated into daily routines to expand children’s skills and abilities.
We cater for the same experiences in our outdoor environment, as well as gross motor activities such as obstacle courses, open running spaces, balancing activities, sand play, water play and exploring the natural environment. Scribblz has two separate play grounds allowing smaller groups of children to interact with children of similar age. Scribblz is a Munch and Move trained centre that values and incorporated Healthy eating and Physical activity daily.
Our centre has a qualified menu planner/ safe food handling cook on the premises. All meals fit within the nutritional requirements for child care centres and we cater for children’s recommended daily intake.
All meals are served in our meal room where children discuss nutrition and healthy eating, as well as etiquette and manners.
Our menu rotates over a 4 week period and is changed every 3- 6 months to cater for changes in the seasons. We cater for allergies, dietary requirements and encourage parent input to provide an inclusive environment for all families regardless of cultural background.
Meals provided include:
- Breakfast until 7:30am
- Morning tea
- Dessert- fresh fruit
- Afternoon tea
- Late Snack
At Scribblz we are able to claim the Child care Subsidy for eligible families to help reduce the cost of child care. Families will need to contact Centrelink to have their eligibility assessed. Family CRN numbers will then need to be provided to the centre upon enrolment.