In the Manta Rays room we introduce our pre-school program which has been developed over time by our qualified Early Childhood Teachers in conjunction with our local primary schools and families. With your support this year these are just some of the things we will be working on:
- Self help skills/independence
- Hand washing
- Caring for their own belongings
- Packing away
- Confidence in making choices
- Serving food and pouring water
- Expressive and receptive language skills
- Expressing themselves verbally
- Finding confidence to speak in front of groups
- Respectful listening
- Building and maintaining friendships
- Learning to resolve conflicts
- Building resilience
- Finding confidence to approach a teacher for assistance
- Separating easily at drop off time
- Fine motor development
- Correct pencil grip
- Correct use of scissors
- Identifying letters
- Developing correct letter formation
- Number identification
- Object addition
- Developing greater focus and attention span
This is not a complete list, just an idea of some of the things our pre-school program will be based on. Our pre-schoolers also engage in group projects throughout the year and themes based on current interests. Through these interests we are able to incorporate learning and development.
We also plan our experiences each day to help children to achieve the five Early Years Learning Framework Outcomes. You will receive a midyear report assessing your child’s learning against these outcomes:
- Outcome 1: Children have a strong sense of identity
- Outcome 2: Children are connected with and contribute to their world
- Outcome 3: Children have a strong sense of wellbeing
- Outcome 4: Children are confident and involved learners
- Outcome 5: Children are effective communicators
These learning outcomes have been designed to ensure children are prepared for a future of successful learning.
- In the Manta Ray room we do not have access to nappy change facilities so we encourage the children to be in the process of toilet training.
- Many children continue to need rest time nappies even if they are fully toilet trained when awake, please send one rest time nappy or pull up daily if your child still requires it for naps.
- Children have particularly sensitive skin that needs to be protected from the sun’s harmful rays. We require all children to wear sun smart clothing that cover their shoulders. There is sunscreen available in the foyer for you to put on your child each morning, our educators will then re-apply throughout the day. There is a stamp located next to the sunscreen in the foyer for you to place on your child’s hand so that we know they already have sunscreen applied.